Students and teachers will now have a host of dynamic digital resources at their fingertips to maintain learning momentum all summer – from home or in school.
Discovery Education, a worldwide education technology leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place, announced on April 4 that it will be offering educators and students curriculum support to keep students engaged in learning all summer.
These digital resources – now available via Discovery Education – are specifically designed to integrate easily into school systems’ summer learning efforts. With these resources, teachers can create and customize turnkey assignments and track progress in real-time through the platform’s Quiz tool, according to a press release from the company.
“While everyone looks forward to relaxing and recharging over summer break, research shows that a summer learning program is beneficial to teachers and students from both the academic and social-emotional learning perspectives,” said Amy Gensemer, Senior Director of K-12 Digital Instruction at Discovery Education.
Some of those digital resources include:
- Discovery Education’s STEM Camp modules that offer five fun days of activities, investigations, and innovative learning experiences;
- Learning at Home activities that help students grow interests, sharpen skills, and have fun this summer outside of the classroom; and
- Discovery Education’s Virtual Field Trip series that invites families on an exciting summer road trip exploring some of the world’s most iconic locations at no cost.
Additionally, Discovery Education offers educators several digital resources to continue their own professional learning during the summer months. Including:
- A series of Interactive Courses highlighting new strategies for increasing student engagement with digital resources;
- Quick, convenient microlearning resources from Professional Learning NOW that cover relevant topics such as remote teaching and learning, SEL, and;
- eLearning modules from TGR EDU: Explore that support STEM instruction in the classroom.